What does Bobbi find beautiful? The answer may surprise you? "A strong brow, bedroom eyes, a bump on the nose - these are the features that inspire me. Beauty isn’t about looking perfect. It’s about celebrating your individuality.
Bobbi’s view might seem unconventional. But to women around the world, it comes as a welcome relief.
Bobbi believes that “makeup is a way for a woman to look and feel like herself, only prettier and more confident.” Through Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Bobbi enables every woman to enhance her unique beauty. With straightforward, easy-to-use cosmetics in timeless hues, all formulated to create a smooth, natural, and healthy appearance.
Even as a young girl, Bobbi was enthralled by makeup. “I remember watching my mother apply her white eye shadow and black liner in her blue gilded bathroom—she was glamorous, but fresh-looking.” And as soon as she was able to work, Bobbi raced to the small cosmetics store in town, where she got her first taste of formal training.
Bobbi’s education continued at Boston’s Emerson College, where she earned a B.F.A. in theatrical makeup. Upon graduation, she moved to New York City to make it as a professional makeup artist. She showed her ever-growing portfolio to anyone who would look at it, slowly built up contacts, and experienced the challenges typical of most freelance makeup artists trying to make it in Manhattan.
But despite the ups and downs, her talent and drive earned her coveted gigs with top magazines, photographers, and models. Bobbi began her collaboration with photographers Bruce Weber, and Arthur Elgort for American Vogue, as well as with the late Francesco Scavullo for Cosmopolitan and Self. A seven-page spread of full-face beauty shots of supermodel Tatiana Patitz—shot by Wayne Maser—also put Bobbi’s work front and center.
Bobbi’s big breakthrough was her first American Vogue cover. The image was shot by famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier and featured the soon-to-be-supermodel Naomi Campbell, made up by Bobbi Brown. Seven years after arriving to New York City knowing no one, Bobbi was part of the club. The industry took notice.
Bobbi’s Big Idea
As a successful makeup artist with access to everything in the market, Bobbi found nearly all products looked too artificial, making it impossible to create a gorgeous, no-makeup look.
Ten years into her freelance career, a chance meeting with a chemist at a magazine photo shoot changed everything. “I had the idea to create a lipstick that didn’t smell, wasn’t dry or greasy, and looked like lips, only better—and I told the chemist about it,” she says.
The chemist made the lipstick following Bobbi’s unprecedented specifications and the result was Brown Lip Color, a pinky-brown shade. Nine other brown-based lipstick shades followed soon after, and Bobbi’s set of lipsticks was complete.
In 1991, her 10 lipsticks debuted at the Bergdorf Goodman under the name of Bobbi Brown essentials. Bobbi was expecting to sell 100 in a month. She sold 100 within the first day.
The message was clear: Women wanted makeup that was simple, flattering, and wearable.
The Birth of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
Word spread quickly. Bobbi’s unique approach to cosmetics was a long-awaited gift for women who wanted a more natural look. The magazine industry’s most prominent beauty editors got behind Bobbi, and her small, insider brand garnered big time buzz.
The range expanded beyond lipstick. Bobbi’s foundations were yellow-based, not pink, revolutionizing face makeup as it’s known today. And, before long, she showed that she was as adept at neutrals as she was at bright and bold colors.
This sea change in the beauty market caught the attention of cosmetics empire Estée Lauder, who bought Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in 1995, just four years after the company’s inception. Today, Bobbi Brown retains creative control of the brand.
Bobbi Brown Today
In addition to running her company, Bobbi continues to pursue her craft by creating the runway looks for New York Fashion Week. A permanent fixture backstage, she works with the industry’s best designers including Rachel Roy, J. Mendel, Erin Fetherston, Tory Burch and Cynthia Rowley.
Bobbi often does how-to segments on The Today Show and The Oprah Winfrey Show, and her advice can be found in syndicated columns and advice features for magazines and websites around the globe.
Of course, you can always find Bobbi where she began—on the set. Bobbi is still the world’s most celebrated makeup artists for personalities and fashion magazines.
A New York Times bestselling author, Bobbi has written five instructional and engaging beauty and lifestyle books: Bobbi Brown Beauty, Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty, Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution, Bobbi Brown Living Beauty and Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual.
For Bobbi, making other people’s lives better simply makes sense. “I love helping others because it feels good,” she says. On a year-round basis, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics donates generous financial and in-kind support to organizations including Dress for Success and the Jane Addams Vocational High School. To learn more about Bobbi’s philanthropic work, please visit Bobbi’s Causes.
About Bobbi Brown
Bobbi Brown joined The Estée Lauder Companies’ family of brands in 1995. The brand is sold in select retailers in more than 50 countries and territories. An exclusive beauty line developed by celebrated makeup artist Bobbi Brown, the brand focuses on individual beauty, teaching women to be their own makeup artists, and personalised service. The line includes color cosmetics, skin care, professional makeup brushes and tools,accessories and fragrance.
At Bobbi Brown there are several different types of job opportunities available. More information about the job opportunities is below. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Whether you work as one of our Business Managers, Counter Managers, or Make-Up Artist, servicing your client with extraordinary artistry skills and keen product knowledge is critical to your success.
Being a Makeup Artist with Bobbi Brown is more about helping a woman discover her own beauty while teaching her how to best enhance it—naturally. Our brand is simple, clean and modern and our artistry techniques exemplify this feeling. You’ll receive the training in both artistry and product that will take you on a career path that leads to a promising future.
While Bobbi Brown offers extensive on-the-job training, some prior experience in make-up artistry and sales is required.
The Bobbi Brown Beauty Team is comprised of individuals whose knowledge and expertise best exemplify Bobbi Brown’s philosophy and make-up artistry techniques. These positions are usually selected from make-up artists already working with and trained by the brand.
Business Manager and Counter Manager
These positions are responsible for managing the overall performance of a Bobbi Brown counter including staffing and sales.
The Account Coordinator covers a territory and services all of the Bobbi Brown locations within that territory.The primary focus of the Account Coordinator is working closely with our Counter Staff, ensuring Counters are kept to the brand’s standards, educating the make-up artists about new products and techniques, executing events and helping drive sales. If you have at least 2-3 years experience in sales, you may qualify for this role.
Applying for Retail Sales Positions
To apply for a Retail Sales position within a Department or Specialty store that carries Bobbi Brown, please click here.
Field Sales Management
Several types of field sales management positions are available at Bobbi Brown. A few of the Field Sales Management positions are highlighted below.
The Account Executive is responsible for multiple stores within a territory, working with retail partners to manage sales goals and objectives and ensuring the counter staff best represents Bobbi Brown. If you have at least 3–5 years retail management experience, you may qualify for this opportunity.
Regional Sales Director
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for managing a region to ensure that sales and profit objectives are achieved. The Regional Sales Director supervises the Account Executives within a specified territory. If you have at least 5–7 years of related experience, you may qualify for this opportunity.
The Education Executive educates counter staff on product knowledge and skills which are necessary to achieve Bobbi Brown standards and sales goals. If you have 3–5 years of retail management and/or sales and product training experience, you may qualify for this opportunity.
Field Executive Director
The Field Executive Director is responsible for managing a group of regions to ensure that sales and profit objectives are achieved. The Field Executive Director supervises the Regional Sales Directors and the Education Executives within a specified territory and works with senior sales management to develop retail strategy. If you have 8–10years of related sales and management experience, you may qualify for this opportunity.
Applying for Field Sales Management Position
To apply for a Field Sales Management position, please click here.
Bobbi Brown has corporate positions of all types including marketing, product research and development, supply chain, finance, human resources and information technology.
To apply for Corporate Positions at Bobbi Brown, click here.
Store & Event Locator
We’re excited to announce that Bobbi Brown stores and counters will reopen in England and Wales on 12th April, with services available in selected locations.
As always, your safety comes first! We’ll be following guidelines and taking extra precautions which includes deep cleaning our stores prior to reopening and following enhanced sanitisation measures and social distancing standards. Our artists will of course, be wearing face masks and during services they’ll also wear a face shield for extra protection.
Click here to find a store near you.
All inquiries of this nature must be in writing on your company letterhead.
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Inc.
575 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Please do not telephone. We cannot respond to these inquiries over the phone.
Last Update: 18th May, 2023
The Estée Lauder Companies respects your privacy and values the relationship we have with you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information we process
- How we collect information
- How we use information
- Our legal basis for processing personal information
- How we share information
- How you control your information
- How we use information to advertise
- International transfers
- How we protect information
- How long we retain information
- How we treat children’s information
- Your data controller
- How to contact us
Information we process
We may collect or process the following types of information about you. The specific information we collect about you will vary depending on how you interact with us.
- Personal identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your MAC address, IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age or date of birth, sex, and gender.
- Physical characteristics, such as your hair type and colour, skin type, eye colour, and facial geometry if you use certain of our virtual try-on applications.
- Commercial and transactional information, such as the products or services you have purchased and the location of purchase, products returned or considered and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, delivery address and billing address).
- Identity verification information, such as photo identification for in-store pick-ups at one of our retail stores, loyalty member ID, and authentication information (like passwords).
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile applications, digital properties and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our websites or mobile applications and log file information like your browser type and webpages you visit.
- Geolocation information, such as information that can help identify your physical location (like your GPS coordinates or the approximate location of your device).
- Audio and visual information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer service and images we record through video surveillance in our retail stores.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as professional licenses or certifications in connection with our professional programs.
- Health and medical information, such as skincare concerns or condition, diagnoses, medical reports and history.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs and images, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above, such as derived ethnicity and household income range.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you from various sources. For example:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase on one of our websites or in one of our retail stores, contact us with a question or complaint, use one of our mobile applications or virtual try on experiences, create an account on one of our websites, register for one of our brand loyalty programs or marketing lists, respond to a survey, participate in a contest or other promotion, make an appointment or sign-up to attend an event.
- From your friends or family members, such as when your friend or family member sends you a gift or makes a referral. If you are submitting contact information of others, please ensure that you only submit information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to such sharing.
- When you interact with our websites or emails. When you visit our websites, or when you open or click on emails we send you, we (and third parties we work with) may automatically collect information from your browser or device, such as device identifiers and online and other network activity information using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites place on your Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Pixel tags are small images which are embedded into our websites or emails. We use pixel tags to collect information about your browser or device, how you interact with our websites, or whether you open or click on the emails we send you. Pixel tags also enable us (and third parties we work with) to place cookies on your browser.
- Through in-store and other offline technologies, such as video surveillance, traffic counting devices and Wi-Fi technology in and around our retail stores, and call recording technology when you speak to customer service.
- From our business partners and service providers, such as demographic companies, analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, third-party retailers or distributors, loss prevention services and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media or choose to log-in to our websites using your social media credentials.
- From other ELC Brands that you have interacted with.
We may combine the information we obtain from the above sources. For example, we may combine information we collect in our stores with information we collect online.
How we use information
We may use the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as fulfilling orders and processing payments; creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account or loyalty program membership; identifying concerns and assisting with product recommendations; and facilitating product reviews. To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys or promotions.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you postal mail, text messages, email, push notifications or other messages, show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests or profile on social media and other websites.
- To operate and understand your use of our websites and mobile applications, such as to remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us; determine what browser and devices you use to visit our websites or mobile applications; and to evaluate and improve our services, advertisements, websites, and mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics on our websites. For specific details on how Google collects and uses your personal information when we use its services, please visit: How Google Uses Information From Sites Or Apps That Use Our Services.
- To operate and improve our business, including to conduct analytics, provide quality assurance and process adverse event or product-related claims, conduct research and development, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity or activity that violates our policies, terms and conditions; loss prevention; identify and repair bugs on our websites or mobile applications; and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Our legal basis for processing personal information
Where required by law, we will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and fulfil your order);
- we have obtained your consent (e.g., for marketing communications);
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, video surveillance, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, or for fraud prevention purposes, enforcement of adherence to our policies, terms and conditions, and conducting our business in compliance with relevant industry standards and our policies); or
- we need to comply with a legal obligation under applicable laws.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers. We may transfer personal information to service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders, track and investigate contraventions of our policies, terms and conditions, and that provide website and application functionality, hosting, analytics, advertising and marketing services.
- Parties to a corporate transaction. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganisation, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
- Advertising Companies. We work with third party advertising companies (such as advertising networks) to serve advertisements on our behalf. For additional information, see the How We Use Information to Advertise section.
- Other third parties. In addition, we may disclose personal information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your personal information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent (such as third-party salons and spas).
How you control your information
You have rights and choices in connection with the personal information we have about you.
- Data Subject Rights: Depending on applicable laws, you have rights with respect to your personal information. For example, you can request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the personal information deleted or transmitted to a third-party. You can also request to withdraw your consent you previously provided to us, to restrict or to object to the processing of your personal information, or to provide us with general or specific guidelines relating to the storage, deletion and sharing of your personal information after your death. You can make such requests through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity when you make a request. We'd like the chance to resolve directly any complaints you have concerning the way we have responded to your request, but you have the right at all times to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Go to: https://ico.org.uk/ for further information.
- Marketing & Advertising Preferences: Your online account may offer you the ability to edit your marketing preferences. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications (such as email, postal mail or text messages) by following the unsubscribe instructions sent within those communications or you can make a request through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL. When you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will no longer use the related personal information (such as your email address or phone number) for targeted advertising purposes.
- Mobile Device & Browser Preferences: Depending on your mobile device or web browser, we may request your location or request to send you push notifications. You can edit your preferences using the settings on your device.
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser which allows us to remember you when you come back to our websites and provide you with personalised experiences and advertisements. We use different types of cookies on our websites, including strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies and targeting cookies.
You can edit your cookie preferences at any time by using the tool available on the Brand website (if available) or by editing your browser settings. In countries where the tool is available, you can find a list of cookies used in connection with any of our websites and edit your preferences by accessing the “Manage Cookies” link at the bottom of each of our Brand websites. When editing your cookie preferences, please note that your settings only apply to the browser you use to submit your opt-out request, so if you use multiple browsers or devices, you must opt-out on each browser, on each device. Your opt-out is enabled using cookies, so once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies on a device, you will need to opt-out again on that browser on that device.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
How we use information to advertise
We also work with third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, to show you advertisements or measure the effectiveness of our advertisements. We may convert your email address, telephone number, or other information into a unique value and have these third-party platforms match this unique value with a user on their platform or with other data they may have. This matching enables us to deliver advertisements to you and others on these platforms. You also can request that we refrain from using your personal information in this way by contacting us through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL.
How we protect information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorised service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
How long we retain information
- the purposes for which the personal information was collected, including to provide our products and services;
- your marketing preferences and how you engage with our Brands;
- any legal or regulatory requirements that apply to the personal information; and
- whether the personal information may be relevant to us in protecting our own rights (e.g. applicable limitation periods).
For additional information about data retention policies, please submit a request through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL.
How we treat children’s information
Our products and services are designed for a general audience and are not intended for or directed to children.
Your data controller
A data controller is the entity or entities responsible for establishing the purposes and means for the processing of your personal information.
The data controller in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland for all our brands is: Estée Lauder Cosmetics Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 659213 and having its registered office at One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3JJ.
You can find a list of the Brands in the UK and Ireland on ELCompanies.co.uk.
How to contact us
Date of Last Update: January 3rd, 2018
Welcome to our Bobbi Brown UK website (the “Bobbi Brown UK Site” or the “Site”).
Estee Lauder Cosmetics Limited (“Bobbi Brown”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides the services available on the Site to you subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Website Terms”).
Estee Lauder Cosmetics Limited’s address and registered office is One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ; registered in England and Wales with company registration number 659213; VAT registration number GB 193-0816-58.
Please read the following (along with our Privacy and Cookies Policy) carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your use of the Site. By visiting https://www.bobbibrown.co.uk you are accepting the Website Terms and accepting and consenting to the practices described in the Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Please note that if you visit one of our other regional Sites, you are subject to the terms and conditions applicable for that Site and we suggest that you consult such terms and conditions.
1. Use of Our Site
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely.
2. Limited Licences
In relation to all content available on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, and buttons, we grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive licence to access and make personal use of the Site. This limited licence does not include the right to:
- frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose the Site or any portion thereof;
- modify or download the Site or its contents (except caching or as necessary to view content);
- make any use of the Site or its Content other than personal use;
- create any derivative work based upon either the Site or its Content;
- collect account information for the benefit of another party;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising our name or the Trade Marks; or
- use software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or take any other action that may impose an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure.
We also grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive licence to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Site for personal, non-commercial use only. A website that links to our Site
- may link to, but not replicate, our Content;
- may not imply that we are endorsing such website or its services or products;
- may not misrepresent its relationship with us;
- may not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, obscene, offensive or controversial, and may contain only content that is lawful and appropriate for all ages;
- may not portray us or our products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive or objectionable manner, or associate us with undesirable products, services, or opinions;
- may not use any Trade Mark without express written permission; and
- may not link to any page of the Site other than the home page. We may, in our sole discretion, request that you remove any link to the Site, and upon receipt of such request, you shall immediately remove such link. Any unauthorised use by you of the Site terminates the limited licence set forth in this clause 2 without prejudice to any other remedy provided by applicable law.
3. Your Obligations and Responsibilities
In the access or use of the Site, you shall comply with these Website Terms and the special warnings or instructions for access or use posted on the Site. You shall act always in accordance with the law, custom and in good faith. You may not make any change or alteration to the Site or any Content or services that may appear on this Site and may not impair in any way the integrity or operation of the Site. Without limiting the generality of any other provision of these Website Terms, if you default negligently or wilfully in any of the obligations set forth in these Website Terms (including our Privacy and Cookies Policy), you shall be liable for all the losses and damages that this may cause to us or our affiliates, partners or licensors.
4. Your Account
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register is true, accurate and current in all respects. See our Privacy and Cookies Policy regarding the treatment of your personal information.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information you provide to us is up to date. If your personal information changes then please notify us immediately by contacting Customer Services on 0808 281 0232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can update your details through “my account” page.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for taking all reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you have reason to believe that your password has become known to somebody else, or is likely to be used in any way that is unauthorised by you, you should contact us immediately. If you forget your password we will reset it upon your request and send it to the email address, which you specified when you registered. Your account can be cancelled at any time by contacting Customer Services on 0808 281 0232 or email email@example.com.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use. We reserve the right to refuse service and/or terminate accounts without prior notice if you violate these Website Terms or if we decide, in our sole discretion, that it would be in our best interests to do so.
5. Intellectual Property
All content available on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, data compilations, and software, and the compilation thereof (collectively, the “Content”) is the property of us or our affiliates, partners or licensors, and is protected by copyright laws. The trade marks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively, the “Trade Marks”) are the registered and unregistered marks of us or our affiliates, partners or licensors, and are protected by trade mark laws. All other Trade Marks not owned by us or our affiliates, partners or licensors that appear on the Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
Except as set forth in the limited licence in clause 2 above, or as required under applicable law, neither the Content, the Trade Marks, nor any other portion of the Site may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in whole or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent
We are not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to or from the Site. Links appearing on the Site are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by us, our affiliates or our partners of the referenced content, product, service, or supplier. Your linking to or from any off-Site pages or other sites is at your own risk. We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, off-Site pages or any other sites linked to or from the Site, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products, or services of such pages and sites, including, without limitation, their privacy statements and terms and conditions. You should carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all off-Site pages and other sites that you visit.
It is our policy to decline unsolicited suggestions and ideas. Any solicited or unsolicited enquiries, feedback, suggestions, ideas or other information you provide us (collectively, “Submissions”) will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Subject to the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy, by transmitting or posting any Submission, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sell, assign, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any Submission in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, alone or as part of other works. You also acknowledge that your submission may not be returned and we may use your Submission, and any ideas, concepts or know how contained therein, for any purpose including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing, distributing and marketing products.
If you make a Submission, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your Submission. You further represent and warrant that such Submission does not constitute or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam”. You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead us as to the origin of any Submission. You agree to indemnify us for all claims arising from or in connection with your claims to any rights in any Submission.
When you transmit, upload, post, email or otherwise make available data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials (“User Content”) on the Site, you are entirely responsible for such User Content. Such User Content constitutes a Submission under this clause 7. This means that all third parties, and not we, are entirely responsible for all User Content that they post to the Site. You agree not to engage in or assist or encourage others to engage in transmitting, uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise making available on the Site User Content that
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- you were compensated for granted any consideration by any third party; or
- infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. In addition, you agree not to transmit, upload, post, email, or otherwise make available any software viruses, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitation or promotional material, including chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam”.
You further agree not to
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass including advocating harassment of another, entrap or harm any third party including harming minors in any way;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- collect or store personally identifiable data about other users.
We do not endorse or control the User Content transmitted or posted on the Site and therefore, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Site.
You acknowledge that we have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse to post or remove any User Content and we reserve the right to change, condense, or delete any User Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or any other provision of these Website Terms, we have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Website Terms or is otherwise objectionable and we reserve the right to refuse service and/or terminate accounts without prior notice for any users who violate these Website Terms or infringe the rights of others.
8. Representations and Warranties; Limitation of Liability (Relating to the Use of This Site)
The provisions of this clause 8 relate to the use of this Site only and do not affect the statutory rights of consumers or any other rights granted by us in connection with the purchase of our goods on this Site (including under the Bobbi Brown UK - General Terms and Conditions for Online Product Sales).
The material displayed on our site is provided on an “as is” basis without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any third-party claim, action, or demand resulting from any unauthorised use of the Site by you. You also agree to indemnify us for any loss, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure.
If you have any questions regarding these Website Terms please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bobbi Brown Online Customer Services, Constellation House, 3 Kite’s Croft Business Park, Warsash Road, Fareham, Hants, PO14 4FL.
11. Changes to Website Terms
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the Website Terms at any time by posting the changes on the Site. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such Website Terms. We may, with or without prior notice, terminate any of the rights granted by these Website Terms. You shall comply immediately with any termination or other notice, including, as applicable, by ceasing all use of the Site.
No failure to exercise and no delay on our part in exercising any of our rights, remedies, powers or privileges under these terms and conditions and no course of dealing between us shall be construed or operate as a waiver, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege on our part.
13. Law, Jurisdiction and Language
This Site, any content contained herein and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Site are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
General Terms and Conditions for Online Product Sales
Bobbi Brown - General Terms and Conditions for Online Product Sales
Date of Last Update: November 4th, 2020
Welcome to our Bobbi Brown UK website (the “Bobbi Brown UK Site” or the “Site”).
By placing an order with Estee Lauder Cosmetics Limited (“Bobbi Brown”, “we”, “us” or “our”) for products which are sold on the Site (“Products”) you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and, if you are unhappy with any aspect of these, then you should contact one of our customer service advisors before placing an order with us.
We amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please look at the top of these Terms and Conditions to see when these Terms and Conditions were last updated. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms and Conditions in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us. If we have to revise these Terms and Conditions and this has a material impact on your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the contract if you are not happy with the changes.
1. About Bobbi Brown
Estee Lauder Cosmetics Limited’s address and registered office is One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ; registered in England and Wales with company registration number 659213; VAT registration number GB 193-0816-58.
2. Other Policies
The following additional policies (which can be accessed by clicking on the link below) also form part of these Terms and Conditions and should be read carefully before placing an order:
3. Our Contract with You
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge receipt of your order and to provide you with an order number. If we are unable to fulfil your order following this acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this. We will confirm acceptance of your order by sending you an email that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (“Dispatch Confirmation”). A legally binding contract between us will be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (or, in the unlikely event that a Dispatch Confirmation is not sent due to a processing error, when we dispatch the Products to you) (“Contract”). If you require any information concerning your order please contact us here quoting your order number. We may not accept your order if an item you have ordered is out of stock, if we have identified a Product or pricing error if we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment. Please note that we reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time.
If you wish to make a change to the Products you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the Contract (please see clause 5 below).
A Product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the Product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
You own a Product once we have received payment in full.
The Products and services available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the Products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. Please note that samples are subject to availability. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any orders that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
The images of the Products on the Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Product may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of Products may also vary from that shown in images on our website.
The purchase of Products through the Site is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts on the Site in accordance with English law.
You may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
5. Cancellation Rights
We hope that you are delighted with your order, however, because you are a consumer and have purchased your Product online, you have a legal right to cancel your Contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we email you to confirm our acceptance of your order) until the date which is 90 days after you receive the Products. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
Your right to return goods does not apply to goods:
- made to your specification; or
- which have been clearly personalised (such as by being engraved); or
- which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly; or
- where sealed goods have been supplied which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery.
To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the cancellation form on our website. If you use this method we will email you to confirm we have received your cancellation. A copy of the cancellation form may also be included in hard copy form with your order packaging. In addition, you can contact our Customer Services Team here. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation form by email or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email or post us the letter.
If you cancel your Contract we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (or you can choose to have such goods returned to you within 90 days of our notification that we intend to make a deduction). If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 90 days after the day on which we receive the Products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Products back to us.
- refund you on the credit card or debit card or other payment method used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Products we may refund you in vouchers. You will receive email notification of your refund from our Customer Services Team.
If you indicate in your cancellation request that you would rather receive an exchange than a refund then this will be processed within 7 working days of receiving your returned goods and will be delivered via standard delivery. In these circumstances a new Contract will be deemed to have been formed between us in relation to the new Product you have selected (and your various rights of cancellation and return as set out herein will apply to that Product). In the event that we are not able to satisfy your request for an exchange then we will refund you the cost of the Product and the original Contract between us will be cancelled.
If a Product has been dispatched to you or you have received them before you decide to cancel your Contract then:
- then you must return it to us without undue delay (in the original product packaging if possible) and in any event not later than 90 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract;
- you can either send it back to us at Bobbi Brown Online Customer Services, Constellation House, 3 Kite’s Croft Business Park, Warsash Road, Fareham, Hants, PO14 4FL or return it to any Bobbi Brown store with your completed cancellation form (please note that online orders will not be able to be returned in store if you paid by PayPal);
- when returning goods please obtain a proof of postage (we do not accept responsibility for goods lost in transit) and ensure that the parcel is adequately sealed;
- customers wishing to return fragrance Products should have regard to any labelling and packaging guidelines produced by Royal Mail or any other courier that is used; and
- unless the Product is faulty or not as described you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Product to us.
If you cancel your order but do not send off such goods to us within 90 working days of notifying us of cancellation, we shall be entitled to withhold payment of any refund.
If you made your purchase through a partnered retail location, such as an airport or department store, then any return will need to be made in accordance with the returns/cancellation policy of the relevant retailer and should not be returned directly to us. Similarly, if you purchased products on the Bobbi Brown website or in a Bobbi Brown store, you must return them in accordance with the procedure outlined here and not directly to a partnered retail location.
6. Your Other Statutory Rights to Return Products under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with the Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights (which are summarised in general terms below) are not affected by your right of return and refund in clause 5 above or anything else in these Terms and Conditions or elsewhere on this Site.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your Products your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- after six months (depending on the type of Product): if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
7. Our Liability for Loss or Damage Suffered by You
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products as summarised at clause 6 and for defective Products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
We only supply Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
8. Transfer of Rights
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
In case of complaint about your online purchase, you may contact us here or write to us at Bobbi Brown Online Customer Services, Constellation House, 3 Kite’s Croft Business Park, Warsash Road, Fareham, Hants, PO14 4FL.
10. Law and Disputes
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and proceedings may be brought in relation to the matters set out herein in the courts of England and Wales.
According to EU Regulation no.524/2013 on online dispute resolution for consumer disputes, you may refer disputes to the EU Commission’s online platform available at: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm
To view our Gender Pay Reports, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement and other UK & Ireland Corporate Statements click here.